I have received an email from Spain this morning, leaving me with mixed emotions, apparently the Mother of the Buyers went into the Bank yesterday and tore a strip off the Bank Manager, as a result the Bank have made their decision, they are only offering 80% mortgages due to the financial crisis, but José needs 100%, therefore the Bank Manager has suggested that the declared price be increased to give him the 100% mortgage.
That decision has to be mine, because it leaves me with a extra Tax liability, José has said he will cover the difference in the tax, but before accepting, I need a caste iron guarantee that he will pay up, when the time comes due. I have agreed in principle, subject to arranging that guarantee.
Because Mr.R is now leaving for the UK tomorrow, that means Chris will have to sign once his power of attorney arrives, but unless the Bank play ball and accept his documents, my money will then be stuck in my Spanish Bank account until Mr.R returns at the beginning of January, all being well.
I am not sure how I feel, because on one side I am happy that things have now got to this stage, but on the other hand, I like things by the book, and this definitely is not! However if I want anything to happen in Spain, I have to play by their rules not mine… difficult!
I now have to go out, because Marcela discovered that the car Test Certificate expires today, this could be a costly affair, if they don\’t like the front tyres!!!
Firstly, the car passed it\’s annual inspection, how…I haven\’t a clue, but that is one headache out of the way.
Secondly, I have had a short email from Chris to say he will speak to me tomorrow regarding the tax implications, which doesn\’t sound good, all I can do is wait and see what he has to say, but I don\’t know what other options there are.