I am allowed to smile again!

Pepe has had a reasonable week, he has not suffered from his chemotherapy, on Monday he has another ultrasound and blood tests, and the results of those will determine if he continues with the treatmnet, or whether he just has pallative care, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

We have been informed that the leg support for Pepe, as a result of his damaged cruciate ligament, is ready, what I wasn’t bargaining on, and we were not told, was that the Company wouldn’t sent the support until we had paid the balance, so if it doesn’t fit, we are snookered! apparenty they will adjust it, if we pay for all the postage…not happy!

Marcela managed to get her appointment for a retest on her eyes, with the same result, errors, so she went to see the Specialist with both sets of results, it seems the test has 50/50 success rate between those who raise errors and those who get the result, it seems a bit of a farce to me, and a waste of everyone’s time, but he confirmed that she does not have Glaucoma, and she will need a review annually, so the right result at the end of the day.

I finally have my new Dentures

I have been given the green light to smile again! It was back in 2014 when I lost the first front tooth, I went for a plate then, but it wasn’t comfortable, as a result I never wore it, much to Marcela’s displeasure, this new top plate, with six teeth, is far more comfortable, I’m still not 100% used to it, but I will persevere.

In the workshop, work has slowed down, the router wing for my tablesaw, needed a mitre slot, or so I thought, I couldn’t get one anywhere in country, I couldn’t even find C-channel, where I could grind the top of, I ended up using a piece of 3/4″ square tube I had in stock

I marked it down the middle, and cut it with my jigsaw

I think that if I had cut a slot into the router table allowing this to sit beneath the surface, it would have worked, but a member of a Woodworking Group, thinks I wont use it, and if I need it, there are other options, so more scrap for the metal bin.

Likewise the fence I was making for the router wing, has hit the bin, in favour of a different design.

Today, I laquered the table top

It’s all nice and shiny, and due to the accelerant, its dry and installed permanently in the table.

This time I used my respirator to laquer, and suffered no ill effects, thank goodness.

Now to cut the parts for the new Fence design, and then it will be ready to use. After all this, I hope it works!

My final bit of work for today, was preparing the Brandy Butter for our Christmas Meal, and the Christamas Pudding.

It’s done and in the freezer. Again because we don’t live in the City, I couldn’t get confectioners sugar, so ended up liquidising granulated sugar, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the testing went OK!!!

Published by Phil Sale

I moved to Colombia from Spain in 2012, and I am happily married to a Colombiana.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: