Last Tuesday and Wednesday, Jaime and the gang installed our new Septic tank, not without it\’s own problems, they dug the hole in the location agreed, and then Jaime decided that if the old tank collapsed, it would damage the soak-away for the new tank, so they dug another hole on the other side of the orchard.
It was hard work for them, not helped by the fact that it was hot.
The second day, they had it installed, all the pipes connected and working.
Our shower room was easy, and the pipes were connected to the grease trap pipe, the back bedroom shower room was a problem, the hand basin was easily done, but it turned out the shower drain was much lower in the ground than the connecting pipe, so we had two options, one to raise the floor in the shower, or leave it connected to the septic tank. We went for the latter, money is getting tight, and the amount of times it is used, wont effect the working of the main tank.
Now the kitchen, our shower room and half the other shower room are all properly connected
Without ripping out the floor, or calling out the installer to remove the glass doors,we needed an option to repair, and I think I have come up with a solution, that involves removing the 4\” wall, and replacing it with cut tiles, which with the tile cement and grout, along with the tile, should give us a lip of 1/2\” which hopefully with the glass doors, will be enough to stop water flooding the rest of the room. I have spoken with Jaime and he thinks it is workable, so we shall see.
Thursday evening, just as Jaime and the Gang were about to leave, our plants arrived, they should have come on Tuesday, but hey…it is Colombia, so they helped unload, before leaving, and then on Saturday morning, Marcela and I started work about 7am planting all the climbers to cover the security fencing, in colour, whilst not taking up space a hedge would have taken.
Yesterday morning at 7am Jaime arrived with the Septic Tank Company, friends of his, and they pumped out the old tank, Jaime had thought it was about two cubic metres and we had been quoted for that, it turned out to be six, so we came to an accommodation, it took a while, and to help Jaime out, they pumped some of the \’water\’ into the new tank to ensure it was working, fortunately it is, so they pumped it out again, and now we know it will take just minutes in the future, as our new tank is just 2m cubic, enough to cater for six people.