Busy! Busy! Busy!

After a few home truths, things changed, and I had to ask the Father-in-law to go home, things between him and his ex, my Mother in law, had deteriorated to the point things couldn\’t continue, to be honest I was surprised we got to day ten! So Thursday morning he left, with his mobile phone still not repaired, but knowing what the problem was, and within ten minutes of his return to Caucasia he had it fixed.

Yesterday, I left home early as I had to go into the City to collect the Mother-in-laws biopsy results, I was lucky, I was in and out in 30 seconds, and fortunately the results were all clear. So she returns on Tuesday to see the Specialist, and have her stitches removed, she is still on crutches, but I bought her a stick the other day, and she is trying to use it, albeit at the moment without much success. She has decided that she is going home on Wednesday, so my nursing skills will be put aside for the time being!

From the Clinic, I went to Makro to buy the bulk stuff, only to find it was closed for inventory, but due to open at 9am, I went to do other things, returned to find they had changed it to 10am, then shortly after to 11am then midday, I wasn\’t waiting any longer, I left, as did many others in disgust.

I bought lunch for the Mother-in-law and myself on the way home, where I arrived at midday, we had an early lunch, and then called it a day.

I came upstairs to do some clerical, the car tax is due on both cars, it can be paid online, if the system was working, it let me pay for Marcela\’s car, but not mine, so I have had to print off the bill, I will go to the Bank next week to pay it. I then checked and found that the house insurance is due to expire in February 1st, as our Assessor is a friend of Marcela\’s, I contacted her rather than cause a problem, within a couple of hours I had the new policy, which I paid straight away, even though I am given until March to pay it, I don\’t like bills hanging around!

The problem with the neighbour\’s illegal building is in the process of being investigated, I wont say resolved, because I have yet to see the Town Hall resolve anything, but they are coming to assess the situation on Monday, which is a step in the right direction.

This morning, I started by taking the dogs for their walk, then preparing a curry for lunch, two loads of washing done and on the line, three bathrooms cleaned, cut my hair, had a shower, and it was only 10am, I am exhausted hahaha! I just wish we had some decent weather, but it looks as if the climate in Colombia has changed along with the rest of the world, it is still humid, but overcast much of the time, and still plenty of rain, we had a two week dry season, and back it came.

Published by Phil Sale

I moved to Colombia from Spain in 2012, and I am happily married to a Colombiana.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: