The gate post is being an absolute pain, I drilled the concrete and bolted the post to the floor,
great so far, I fitted the wheels, then opened the gate, and it all fell apart, not literally, but it might as well have, because I had forgotten, and it had caused a problem previously, that whoever made the gates, did not get the bolts in line along the top.
This resulted in the wheels catching on the nuts, and effectively pulling the post bolts out of the concrete. There is not much I can do about it, because if I move the post that will reduce the driveway entrance. I have two options, the first is to weld straps across from the old post to the new, and hope that will be sufficiently sturdy, or redesign the whole thing. It looks like I might have to learn a new trade fast, welding, something I have never done, I bought one when in Spain, but never used it, I am not paying a fortune to have someone come and do a small weld, I might as well use this as a learning curve, and for me, this will be a big one.
So today it was back into the workshop, I decided it was time to get the table finished, I gave it a second coat of varnish yesterday, so today it had it\’s final coat, it looks great at the moment,
I shall have to see what it looks like tomorrow, if it is OK, I will move it into the house, and mount the glass top, that will leave me with just three chairs left to finish, and a lot more space in the workshop.