Things have been a bit quiet recently, mainly because time has been taken up with medical appointments.
Marcela wanted a new mirror for her dressing room, a full length mirror, I thought the one she had was fine, but apparently bigger is better!
So, out came the pine, and I cut some 2×4 in half, ran it through my bench top planer, and then using the dado blade cut a rabbet on all the lengths. That done I measured to make it a 4ft x 17\” mirror, the odd size, because it is a corner wall, only 18\” wide, then cut the mitre corners.
Because of the weight of the mirror itself, I glued, drilled and screwed the frame together, and then filled the screw holes with wood filler.
It was then time to varnish the frame, I used the oak varnish I bought in abundance for the bed furniture, doing this outside, it dried almost instantly.
Another job off the list.