My plan was to work in the workshop today, all day! unfortunately due to some Official idiot, we had to chase around sorting out their mess first.
However I have managed to get quite a bit done, I had to cut the drawer fronts to size, I am using 1\”x 8\” timber and decided that the easiest way to get this right, was to place the wood in front of the opening , they had already been cut to the correct width of the drawer, but to get the height, I then drew a line along the top of the opening onto each piece, from this line, I then measured down 2/8\”, this will give all round clearance, once fitted.
To cut them, because most were not perfectly straight, I used my tapering jig, I made this some time ago, it was designed by John Heisz,
Ten minutes later, they were all cut, now I just have to rout the edges, varnish and fit them.
The rest of the day was spent varnishing all the parts,
Other than the drawer fronts, I think I am just about ready for the final assembly, once that is done, I will leave the units in the workshop for a day or two, for any residual fumes to disappear.