The situation in Spain seems to be never ending, I have had a lengthy update today, and now it looks as if it will be mid September before the sale goes through.
There are two versions of the new Deeds/Escritura , one has been lodged with Registro, and the other has to go to the Notary next week, to be signed and then also lodged at the Registro, they are taking about two weeks to complete their work at the moment.
From the Registro the Deeds have to go to the Buyers\’s Bank for scrutiny before a mortgage is offered (they keep saying there will be no problem with this, in the current climate, I hope not!) unfortunately, the Bank Manager concerned has decided in his wisdom, that because all the Government Offices will be shut for the whole of August, that he and his Boss are both taking their holidays for the same period, so it looks as if I am stuffed until September.
Also I have to get an Energy Certificate for the house before it can be sold, the Technico who is going to do this, has been asked to treat as urgent, and is supposedly coming out on Monday, he then has to have it registered at the College of Architects, which closes for August, but he is hopeful he can get it done beforehand.
As a result of all this, my Representative in Spain, has decided to return to the UK for August, so that caps that! Fingers crossed for September, otherwise I\’ll be dusting off the Christmas decorations!